Updated October, 2011
Because We want to demonstrate Our commitment to your privacy, We want to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through this Web site;
- Who is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information We collect.
Types of Information Collected
We collect personal and non-personal information that you provide to Us when using this Website or that you provide to Our Customer Service Department when communicating with Us offline or via e-mail.
We also collect non-personal information about users of the Website. The non-personal information we collect on this Website is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information and other anonymous statistical data relating to the use of this Website. For example, we collect and store certain non-personal information automatically whenever you interact with this Website, including your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name. We also collect non-personal information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve this Website and to provide Our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
Cookies and Targeted Featured Product Advertising
Also, like many web sites, We use “cookies,” which are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. These cookies help Us identify Our account holders and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized features of the Website. Cookies also allow Us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave Our site without checking out. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them if you wish.
Most browsers provide You with the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features on Our Website.
External Links/Framed Pages
Ordering from Our Website
From time to time, We use the purchases you make to customize Our product recommendations. We also track customer traffic patterns and site usage. Traffic and usage data is used only to improve Our Website’s design and provide Our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
Opening an Account
Corrections/Updates to your Account
You can correct you account data by clicking on “My Account”. If you have any questions or concerns about correcting or updating your Account, please contact Our Customer Service Department.
From time to time, We will contact you about sales, special offers and new site features if you agreed to be included in Our email lists when you completed a purchase transaction with Us. To customize the information you want to receive from Us, simply sign on and select the specific information you wish to receive. To cancel Our free emails, click the “If you no longer wish to receive Our email updates, please click here” link at the bottom of any promotional email we send you.
E-mail to a Friend
Users of this Website have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to their friends. In order to accomplish this, you must provide to Us each such friend’s name and e-mail address. We only use your friend’s information to send them the product pages you request that they receive.
Online Gift Certificates and Gift Cards
If you send an online gift certificate or gift card to a third party, you must provide Us with the recipient’s name and e-mail address. We only use this information to deliver such gift certificate or gift card.
Our Third Party Relationships
We have established several relationships with third parties vendors to best serve Our customers and to operate this Website.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on Our behalf in connection with the operation of this Website. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, hosting and operating the Website and providing customer service. These third parties have access to your information collected through this Website as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Order Fulfillment and Customer Service: FS and certain vendors of ours provide customer order fulfillment and shipping services and customer service on Our behalf. These vendors have access only to information needed to accurately fulfill and ship orders that are processed through such vendors and to provide customer services. These vendors have agreed to not use any personally identifiable information of customers for any other purpose.
- Credit Card Processing: We use a third party to process credit card orders. We supply them with data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only and they are restricted from using the data for any other purposes. Our website is equipped with an SSL certificate to ensure your credit card and any banking or personal information cannot be compromised.
- Website Evaluation, Marketing and Promotions: From time to time, We may engage other third parties to assist in providing Website evaluation services, marketing, order processing, fulfillment and shipping services, as well as customer service. In addition, We may engage third parties to provide services such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, data analysis and data cleansing. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services. Also, you permit Us to share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer your personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. Additionally, We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical information with Our marketing partners, advertisers or other third parties for research purposes. That is, We will not tell Our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your personal information. The only time you are required to sign on the Website is when you are making a purchase. On the checkout page, you will be asked to access your existing account or create a new one. Existing account holders are prompted for their user ID (your email address) and password. This password is for your protection. If you don’t have your password, there is a link that reads “Forgot your password?” Click on this for instructions on how to get your password.
If We are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, We will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not We use your information in this different manner. In addition, if We make any material changes in Our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in Our database, We will post a prominent notice on the Website notifying users of the change. In some cases where We post the notice, We will also email users who have opted to receive communications from Us, notifying them of the changes in Our privacy practices.